- Upcoming Events
- Weeklong Seminars
- Yeshivat Hadar
- Beyond New York
- Fall Classes
Hadar’s 2017 Winter Learning Seminar:
January 8-12, 2017
Money Matters: Wealth, Poverty and Justice
Join Hadar's beit midrash in an immersive week of Torah study, prayer, shared meals and conversation. You'll take part in an honest, dynamic, and multi-level exploration of Jewish texts with passionate teachers and committed peers.
This year, much of our learning will focus on money. We will ask questions such as:
- What is the Torah's vision(s) of a just economy?
- How much should I be willing to spend on doing a mitzvah?
- What is the function of tzedakah? Can tzedakah address wealth inequality in our world?
- What are the responsibilities of employers towards employees? Employees towards employers? Do consumers have responsibility to enforce work ethics?
- To what extent do I own my money? Does God, or do others, make claims on my money?
Learn with Hadar Faculty:
R. Elie Kaunfer, R. Ethan Tucker, R. Aviva Richman, R. Jason Rubenstein, and Dena Weiss.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Is it for me? If you’re ages 18-30 and looking to deepen your Jewish life through learning, prayer and community then yes.
- When is it? January 8-12, 2017.
- How much does it cost? $200 for the week; $50 discount for referring friends. Includes daily breakfast and lunch.
- How do I apply? Apply here.
- How can I find out more? Contact Andrew Belinfante.