- Upcoming Events
- Weeklong Seminars
- Yeshivat Hadar
- Beyond New York
Learning for the Heart and Mind
July 16-20 2017
Join us for an incredibly stimulating week of study at Mechon Hadar, a nationally-acclaimed center for immersive Jewish learning in New York. Learn together with men and women of all ages from around the country exploring deep issues in our lives as Jews through the lens of Torah.
This program is appropriate to ALL levels of knowledge and background.
- A morning focus on the interpersonal and spiritual dimensions of healing, as seen in the Talmud
- A selection of afternoon classes on Jewish theology, prayer, law and stories with faculty: Shai Held, Elie Kaunfer, Ethan Tucker, Aviva Richman, Dena Weiss
- An opportunity to connect to dozens of people from around the country of diverse backgrounds and Jewish communities
- Optional: Learn practical "how to pray" skills in parallel to morning prayer services, with R. Elie Kaunfer
- Our Annual Summer Yom Iyyun will be taking place on on the topic of Money, Ethics, and Contemporary Jewish Life
July 16-July 20, 2017.
Mechon Hadar, meeting in the West End Synagogue, 190 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10023.
$1000 (If you have any questions about pricing, please email Ariel Shapiro at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Classes for the week will be taught by our faculty, including:
- Shai Held, Chair in Jewish thought
- Alvan H. Kaunfer, Rabbi Emeritus, Temple Emanu-El, Providence Rhode Island
- Elie Kaunfer, Executive Director
- Aviva Richman, Faculty
- Ethan Tucker, Chair in Jewish Law
- Jason Rubenstein, Faculty
- Dena Weiss, Rosh Beit Midrash
This summer in the morning sessions, we will look specifically at the Talmud's discussion of how to make amends for injury. We will explore both interpersonal and spiritual dimensions of healing. The afternoon sessions will cover some of the ideas at the heart of Hadar, as seen in Jewish theology, bible, law, and prayer.
Questions? Looking for more information?
Email us at email@example.com.
Before June 15, 75% refunds are available. Between June 15 and June 30, 50% refunds are available. After June 30, we are sorry but we cannot refund payments. If in the future you would like to attend a week-long seminar, we are able to put 50% of your paid tuition to that seminar when you apply. Please note that refunds may take up to two weeks to process. We appreciate your patience.
Every year during the Executive Seminar, we hold a day of learning for the community. Our theme this year is The Torah of Money: Wealth, Justice, and Inequality. Please click this link for more details and to register.
What Past Executive Seminar Participants Say
"I love studying Jewish classical texts, and this week was in a class by itself. The historical perspective that was presented in almost all of the talks, the social background of the texts, was outstanding... But the jewel in the crown is the faculty itself, their mastery of the material, their love of teaching, and their warmth and affection for the learners. They model Torah shel Chesed."
"I can't wait to get back to studying with you at Mechon Hadar in the Fall and Winter."
"Learning was fabulous as always. I get more optimistic about the future feeling the energy in the room as young and old learn together. Everyone is so respectful of each other and eager to learn."
– 2014 Executive Seminar Participants