- Upcoming Events
- Week Seminars
- Yeshivat Hadar
- Beyond New York
Beyond Praise: לעילא מן כל תושבחתא
An Exploration of Jewish Prayer
Mechon Hadar’s 2015 Winter Learning Seminar
Join Hadar's beit midrash in an immersive week of Torah study, prayer, shared meals and conversation. Jewish prayer is the meeting place of the individual and the community, the heart and the mind, the human and the heavenly. You'll take part in an honest, dynamic, and multi-level exploration of tefillah with passionate teachers and committed peers.
Topics will Include:
- What makes Jewish prayer Jewish? What makes it prayer?
- Where do tefillah and spirituality meet and diverge?
- How can we pray what we don’t believe?
- How do we navigate gender and prayer?
Learn with passionate teachers:
R. Shai Held, R. Elie Kaunfer, R. Ethan Tucker, R. Aviva Richman, R. Jason Rubenstein, Dena Weiss, Devorah Zlochower
Special in Week 2:
R. James Jacobsen-Maisels will be joining us to teach on Judaism as a spiritual practice, hasidut and Jewish meditation!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it for me? If you’re ages 18-30, and looking to deepen your relationship to Jewish prayer through study, then: yes.
- When is it?
- Week 1: January 4-8, 2015.
- Week 2: January 11-15, 2015.
- Come for one or both weeks.
- How much does it cost? $200 for one week, $350 for both. $50 discount for referring friends. Includes daily breakfast and lunch.
- How do I apply? Just complete the form below.
- How can I find out more? Contact R' Aviva Richman.
Note: Can be taken for academic credit. Separate tuition applies. Contact Dena Weiss for more information about taking courses at Hadar for academic credit.